Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Avoid Eating the Mini Mart Hotdog!

We are traveling to Michigan next week and I have been trying to think of healthy and easily transported snacks to take with us. While we all love a little candy and chips now and then, I do not want to be stuck in a car with two teens, a 10 year old boy, and a semi-aggressive 4 year old on sugar highs. So I have come up with a list of tasty and healthy fare!

Homemade Energy Bars - I am a huge fan of Larabar and these remind me of that delish treat!

Cut-up carrots and celery with travel sized peanut butter

Fresh Fruit

Ziploc bags of cereal, like Multigrain Cheerios or Muesli

Hummus and veggies and/or pita

Healthy Blueberry Muffins - Not so healthy when you eat three, but I am working on that.

Popcorn - I love Popcorn, Indiana brand!

Organic/low sugar Fruit Snacks

Nuts/Seeds

Pretzels

Cheese Sticks


What are some of your favorite travel foods??


No comments:

Post a Comment