Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Canvas Fabric Art

You will need:


-Stretched canvas frame
-Disappearing ink marking pen
-Your choice of fabric (large enough to wrap around your canvas)
-Mod podge
-Staple Gun
-Acrylic Paint
-Paintbrush or foam brush
-Scissors
-Template of object you are painting on canvas (or you can free form it, which I found easier).

Lay canvas frame in the center of the fabric. 


Tightly wrap fabric around frame and staple in place. 


The fabric should be taut.


Using a paint brush or foam brush, coat with a layer of Mod Podge.


Let dry completely.


While your canvas is drying, draw your template on cardstock or posterboard.


This is where you would use the disappearing ink pen to draw in your design. If the darn pen works.... which mine didn't. So I just improvised at this step so don't be eyeing my crooked cone.


I put on a couple of coats of paint in order to cover up the fabric print. 


Here is another canvas I made. Hurry up Spring!


I love the contrast between the feminine fabric and the bright paint. This would have been pretty cool in a neon pink or yellow too! I am planning on making one for my oldest with chevron print fabric and a big S. The possibilities are endless.



























No comments:

Post a Comment