Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Yummy Mummy

October has been crazy busy. I have a feeling that it is not going to slow down anytime soon either. In between throwing a large bonfire, planning a Halloween party at the library, and taking Emerson to a couple of Halloween shindigs, we sat down together for some easy craft fun.



For this project you will need a toilet paper tube, gauze, tape, a piece of white paper, googly eyes (or something that can be used as eyes) and candy.


Start by tracing two circles on a white piece of paper. cut the circles just inside the traced line so it will fit inside of the tube.


Cut the toilet paper tube in half.


Tape the white circles inside of each half of the tube.


Cut off a length of gauze. Make it long enough that it will wrap around the tube several times. Tape one end to the tube and start wrapping, overlapping as needed to create dimension.


Tuck in the other end of the gauze or tape it down.


Add googly eyes. I could not find any so I used foam stickies. Googly eyes would look better, I think.


Stuff with candy! These would make cute classroom treats.

Only a few more days left in October. I am loving the cooler temps and snuggling down with my favorite blanket to watch Dexter and Walking Dead. Soon, we will all be Christmas shopping and baking treats for the holidays. I am looking forward to all of it but somewhere, deep in the recesses of my subconscious, I am already yearning for January and the slow, quiet nature of winter and just being.

No comments:

Post a Comment