Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Food Curiousities

I came across a list of food items that I have been meaning to try now for the past year or two. Not sure why it has taken me so long to get through the list of 50 things but at last count I had tried only 14. Probably because food is so darn expensive and who wants to spend 5.99 on something called Seitan if it tastes like a mix of bologna and hominy. So, here it is! Let me know if any of you have tried something on this list and found it to be inedible.

Broccoli Rabe
Fennel
Leeks
Parsnips
Bulgur
Kasha
Millet
Farro
Spelt
Daiya Cheese
Vegan Parmesan
Hemp Milk
NOW Nutritional Yeast Flakes - (Boy that just sounds so appetizing - WHO are their marketing people?)
Fava Beans
Glenny's Brown Rice Marshmallow Treats
Tofurky Cheese Pizza
Brown Rice Syrup

Some of the things I had tried on the list were:

Eggplant - eh.
Plantain - eh.
Pine Nuts - piney.
Vegenaise - This was alright but it went moldy REAL fast.
Nosaya Tofu - good.
Coconut milk ice cream - eh. AND EXPENSIVE
Ginger Chews - These were spicy and I wanted sweet. Boo.
Van's Waffles - eh.

Happy Weekend to all of you! Hope you have great plans as the summer winds down!

No comments:

Post a Comment