Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Is anyone home?

Few can deny the haunting aura of an abandoned place. Beautiful remnants of the past, evidence of the inevitability of change, vessels of memory. Recently I have started to photograph abandoned buildings, barns and houses in the area (from a safe distance :) and hope to post some of my pictures at a later date. I have to admit that I usually get goosebumps or a chill down my back as I am walking away. As if the building itself is saying "See, there you go. Abandoning us too." The following photos are some of the coolest abandoned places ever.

 Cincinnati's Abandoned Subway Depot



Holland Island in Chesapeake Bay


Maunsell Sea Forts in England


Pripyat Ukraine Amusement Park


Institut J. Lemaire in Tombeek, Belgium

There is a great website by photographer Henk Van Rensburgen devoted to abandoned places. If this interests you in the least, you should check it out.
http://www.abandoned-places.com

No comments:

Post a Comment