Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Front Porch Blues

My girls and I love to shop. I just don't like spending a lot of money when I do. I will choose a thrift store or Goodwill (GRRR....still upset on their new higher pricing) or TJ Maxx over a mall-store anyday. It is not just about getting a deal for me though. It is also about the massive amounts of waste and the ever increasing attitude to have more, more, more. In a sense, I am guilty of this just as much as the next guy. But if I must accumulate "stuff" the least I can do is re-use and re-love a piece that in most cases is near new.

I will always remember a piece I read a few years ago about a woman who loved a particular white oxford designer shirt. She would pay a premium price of $400.00 for this shirt. Once she wore it, she would discard it and buy a new one. She claimed that it was never the same after it was washed or dry-cleaned. Seems to me there could be a better way to drop $400.00....... but to each his own, I guess.


 

One of my weekly features will showcase some of our second-hand finds modeled by my daughters. It's a win-win situation for all....they get super cute clothes, I save some money, and we are helping in various ways by re-using a great piece of clothing. 



Dress - Hollister

No comments:

Post a Comment