Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Living Fearlessly

I have been wanting to write about living a fearless life for some time but whether I hesitate because I don't know exactly what that means (there you go being fearful) or because I am not sure what I want to write, I don't know. And I don't care anymore. (Take that!) My newly adjusted way of thinking is to act on anything that I try to talk myself out of. Now, this doesn't mean that I am going to go jump off the Dosh bridge any time soon but I have definitely found that when I am nervous or scared to do something in life is when I reap the most rewards. I have wasted too much time already not following my whims and doing things just because I wanted to. I am still learning. I am still telling myself that it is okay to create, to be, to enjoy, without there having to be a tangible/financial/practical reason. So, here is a list of a few "fearless" things I want to do:

  1.  Wear a dress every single day for a month (or maybe a year)
  2.  Learn photography and post my pictures (even if they are sub par) on different social media
     platforms. 
  3.  Write a book. 
  4.  Face rejection when trying to get said book published.
  5.  Travel alone.
  6.  Eat alone. I have a good friend who eats in restaurants by herself. This has always fascinated
     me and I think it takes confidence to do this. 

If you had asked me ten years ago if I was fearless, I would have told you Yes (for the most part).  It would not have been true. I acted with fear in a lot of ways....fear of failure, fear of what others thought, fear of rejection, fear of loss. I am not sure one can ever live completely fearless and I kind of wonder if that is even a good thing anyway. Fear has a role. I just don't want it to be a starring one in my life.

What is something that you want to do but may be scared to do it?

Happy "Almost" Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment