Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Re-claimed, Re-loved, Re-used




All three of my finds below were found at yard sales this summer. I thought the large metal object was a sort of cake/pie stand but upon further inspection I have no idea what it is for. It has a place where you can hang it so I am thinking I will place some pillar candles in it and maybe hang it up?? Any ideas? The scrollwork shelf now resides in my library and holds a large floral arrangement (left over from my wedding :) And I love fleur-de-lis so I could not pass up the little statuary. 

I headed to Argyle State Park with a friend of mine today for the annual Antique Gas Engine Show. I went for the flea market and yard sales and was a bit disappointed in the number of stands. Maybe it was the heat or maybe it was because it was the last day but there seemed to be quite a bit fewer booths than I remembered. I enjoy browsing at events like this but it can be a trial finding a good bargain. I spotted two old toys that I had recently purchased for a buck each, priced at 23.00 and 13.00. I also would really like to have some metal wire baskets but I could not find one priced under 20.00. I remember when you could get all the wire baskets you wanted for 3.00 and 4.00 bucks each. It is quite remarkable how things will skyrocket in price for a few years and then literally be thrown to the curb shortly after. A good example is those old washboards. I remember wanting one when I was much younger and them being priced $25.00 and higher. Now, you can buy them for a couple of bucks. Oh well, the hunt is half the fun, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment