Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Re-claimed, Re-loved, Re-used Sundays


Toys are probably one of my biggest yard sale purchases. I find it hard spending 30.00 for a toy when there are so many cheaper alternatives. Not only that, those "vintage" toys seem to ask for a bit more imagination from the child. It is really cool to see my daughter play with toys that I played with as a child.

1. I picked up this cash register at the same yard sale where I purchased these other Fisher Price toys.
2. I bought this keychain for one of my older girls. It is a lunchbox, complete with an apple and thermos inside. Emerson nabbed it and then Kerrigan found it and nabbed it from her. Right now, Emerson has it again.
3. Cooking Utensils!

Yard sale season is winding down. There is a final burst of sales and flea markets during the color drives in October but after that it is a long season of digging through second-hand stores. I don't mind this entirely but by February I am desperate for TRUE bargains and outside shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment